As a Church of England School we have regular Church School inspections by the National Society using the framework for the Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) under Section 48 of the Education Act 2005.
The principal objective of SIAMS inspection is to evaluate the distinctiveness and effectiveness of the school as a church school.
Towards this objective, inspectors seek answers to four key questions.
- How well does the school, through its distinctive Christian character, meet the needs of all learners?
- What is the impact of collective worship on the school community?
- How effective is the Religious Education? (in VA schools and academies)
- How effective are the leadership and management of the school as a church school?
Click on the links to read our latest SIAMS Reports or download below.
- St Matthias SIAMS Inspection Report November 2017
- St. Matthias SIAS Inspection Report October 2012
- St. Matthias SIAS Inspection Report January 2010
Key Data Information
We are proud of all our children at St. Matthias CE Primary School. In particular, we are constantly impressed with the attitudes our children have towards their learning, their determination to do their best at all times and their persistence when things are difficult.
Pupil Achievement Data
|% Good Level of Development||53.3%||55.2%||59|
|Year 1 Phonics||2016||2017||2018|
|Number who passed||25||24||23|