Well Done to St. Matthias for achieving the BRONZE School Games Award for their commitment, engagement and delivery of competitive school sport in 2015-2016!
We have seen many examples recently where our children have shown good sportsmanship and we are very proud of this. The good habits that children learn on the football field or when playing cricket or other sports can spill over into the every day and equip our children for life. This is why we are so pleased with this particular award!
Check out your sportsmanship—can you answer yes to all the questions below?
1. I always play fair.
2. I follow the rules of the game
3. I respect the effort made by other players and teams
4. I share in the responsibilities of the team
5. I offer encouragement to my team mates
6. I accept the judgement calls of the referees
7. I follow the direction of the coach
8. I try to avoid arguments
9. I give everyone a chance to play